Sunday, April 10, 2011

1603 - Spring

The year in which our founder falls in love!

I decide not to waste any time and put Brandi to work on the crops right away.
 Although I think I worked her too hard, because the Weather Gods saw fit to strike her with lightening.
She's a family sim, so I'm pretty sure the 3,000 points is for the Bronze Gardening Badge she had just earned.

The next 2 days go by uneventfully, and I'm kinda annoyed.  I was hoping she'd be pregnant right after the wedding, but no dice.

On the third day after the wedding I caught Brandi doing this.
Then shortly after the first pop I caught this:
Why so sad Brandi?

It turns out she miscarried.  I rolled to see if she survived, and she didn't (17).  I'm super cheesed because I actually like her as a sim, and I was looking forward to seeing what her babies were going to look like.  But thems the breaks I guess. 

I decide to go with "Death by Fright" since I hardly ever see them anymore, now that I have  Neighbourhood cemeteries.
Brandi, I really liked you. Do you have any final words?

  
You forgot to empty my inventory!!!
Dammit! She's right!  Half the season's crops gone in an instant.  I'm that much more upset about her death, and the death of the baby. ((sad face))

Artemis comes rushing in, and I decide not to use the 'Plead for Life' option.  I want to save it for when he has a son.

What's going on? Where's my wife?
You're too late Artemis. She's gone.  And so is half the crop....

Artemis is sad, and he doesn't hesitate to let complete strangers know about it.  Artemis, I really don't think she cares...
Artemis: Yeah, my wife just died... Christy: When? Artemis: Like, I don't know, an hour ago?
The Sympathy Card works on Christy, because she ends up staying the night.  They have a lovely chat in the morning about moving on.

I know it seems like the world is nothing but grey skies...
But you have to remember, the sun will come out tomorrow...

Artemis (I) decide to take Christy's advice, and we head over to the cemetery the next day to place Brandi's grave.
What will I do without her?
Hey Artemis... look who's over there...
  
*Sniff* Huh?
It's LaShawn Cameron!! Another nice sim who makes pretty babies! Stop crying she's coming over!

LaShawn knows how to get what she wants out of a man, and she doesn't waste any time putting the moves on him.
LaShawn: I'm so sorry about your wife... you must be very lonely now....        

You know... I could be a very good wife to you...

Artemis: Well... um.... I.... uh...

How about I make the decision for you Artie?  He proposes, and it's oh so convenient that there is also a Church and wedding arch on the lot.

LaShawn: Oh Artemis, no one will think it's strange at all that you buried your wife and married again on the same day! 

 LaShawn brings a whopping $14,000 in cash with her, which makes me wonder what kind of woman she was in her past life....

And that brings us to the end of 1603!

Tune in next post, when Artemis puts the two dowries he collected to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment