Saturday, May 7, 2011

1609 - Summer



1609 - This year, a tragic event prompts MAJOR family changes!

LaShawn was indeed pregnant at the end of 1608, and she rolls 11 to accelerate (15/20)

Of course she makes it all the way downstairs and to the kitchen to give birth in the middle of the night while everyone is asleep.
I've got a bad feeling about this....

 And my gut is right!  She gives birth to twins
Blake

Blaze! Not sure where the eyes come from....
But rolls a 20 on the first birth and dies! The second roll was 15 so she would have died anyway (added mortality for her previous miscarriage).

I have her feed the babies and put them in their cribs so at least they'll have a fighting chance at life.
Rest well my Prince...
And of course, I like to have my deaths be a family affair...


Naturally, I'm cheesed about this.  I've got two babies, two toddlers, a dead mom, and an old man who may or may not die in the next game week. What do I do?!

Family meeting!!

Srsly Dad, what do we do?
Artemis is 63 days old.  I preroll for his next stage (65 days) and he rolls 2 to survive, so I've got the option to get him a third wife.  I decide not to do this, and move on to Brandon, so that I can establish Gen3.  As for the babies, there aren't any rules that determine what to do with the babies of recently deceased mothers, so I made up some - available HERE (I don't feed infants bottles if a woman is around, there was no such thing as formula back then.)

As per my rules, both babies are to be given to the church, to live out their days as monks.  I haven't decided what role Monks will play in the NH, but I'm glad to have them in place for now.

Hello? Warwickshire Seminary? I... I have a request...

I have Artemis drop off the Tombstones they've collected thus far. Brandi, LaShawn, Bronwynn and Blaine

By the time he gets home, Brother Steven has arrived to pick up the boys.

Hello, Brother Steven.  My wife passed away giving birth to my sons, would you take them in?
Yes, Artemis, we will take your sons, but I hope you understand...
If you give your Sons to The Church, they will belong to The Creator forever. They will never know who their birth family is...

I know... but it must be done...
I give Artemis a few minutes to look at his sons.  He truly looks sad, as if he knows what's coming.... Don't make me cry Artie!

I don't know where the hell that kid got blue eyes from....
Artemis, it's time....
And this is Blaze... we named him such because he came out in a Blaze of Glory!
I send Brother Steven away with a check for $1750, and use the Teleporter shrub once I'm at the Monestary lot to bring the over and add them to the household.  I know it's against the rules, but they'll remain there in limbo until the monastery has a real purpose.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This brings us to the end of the first half of 1609! Stay tuned for Part 2, when I try to get Brandon married!

No comments:

Post a Comment